Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Independent Project

My new independent project’s end result is going to be a fully operational t-shirt cannon for use at Aviation High School’s pep rallies and other events that would require shooting apparel at high velocity out of PVC pipes. This aligns with the class’s goals and values by allowing me to contribute to the entire school, giving it a gift that it can use regularly. There a very few obstacles in this project, in the sense that I know how to build one, know the materials required, and how to use it. I will need to obtain money to purchase the materials necessary for construction, and then I will have to get all the pieces. Besides that, it will be a relatively smooth ride. I’d like to get the money as soon as possible, but for a deadline’s sake, I will get the try to obtain the money before Friday, November 19th. I plan to ask the ASB for money to purchase the materials, but otherwise would ask for no other reimbursement. To do this, I will promptly email Ms. Fitz, the ASB advisor to get myself a spot in the ASB’s already busy schedule. I will create a cost projection in advance for the meeting. The materials I will need are PVC pipe, sealing material, and ignition materials. I will post a more detailed list of materials at a later time. Besides that, I won’t need any other things in order to complete this project. I will be the only one involved with constructing the ballistic, so I will take full responsibility for its success or failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment